It looks like the Belgian Police used the Catholic Church in order use the abuse victims. Let the truth about the awful priest sexual abuse cases be revealed but also let's have due process take its course. One of the things I found awful about the raids is the police drilled holes into the crypts or graves.
From the AP: BRUSSELS — A Belgian man who says he was sexually abused by a priest filed a complaint with Brussels prosecutors Tuesday after his confidential testimony to a church-appointed panel was seized by Belgian police.
Jan Hertogen, a 63-year-old sociologist, said he told his story to the panel on the condition it would not be passed to authorities. He said the police raids — which also targeted a Catholic cathedral, church offices and a crypt — were an invasion of his privacy.
"After all those years, I told my story to the (sex-abuse panel) insisting it not be shared," he said, adding that he was now willing to speak to the media because he was so distressed at the victims' loss of privacy.
Hertogen wants all 475 men and boys who contacted the panel with allegations of abuse to complain to the Brussels prosecutor's office and register as "injured parties."
That would allow alleged victims access to information about any prosecutions resulting from the June 24 raids, which sparked a storm of protest by the Vatican after files were confiscated, bishops detained and holes drilled into a prelate's tomb to search for documents.
The Belgian police are investigating clerical sexual abuse after the country's longest serving bishop stepped down in April, confessing he had sexually molested a boy. Several other men and boys had said they had previously told Cardinal Godfried Danneels, who retired in January, about abuse but their complaints had not been investigated.
His home was among the targets of the raids.
The Catholic Church says it had the right to investigate allegations alongside police and the head of the panel accused prosecutors of using them as "bait" to lure frightened victims into the open. Pope Benedict XVI called the raids "deplorable."
But in a sign the row may be abating, Belgian officials will meet a papal envoy within days to discuss the raids, said foreign ministry spokesman Bart Ouvry. He did not give a date for the meeting between Archbishop Giacinto Berloco and Foreign Minister Steven Vanackere.
After the raids were carried out a child psychiatrist renounced his position on the Belgian abuse commission.
From New York Times: 'On Monday, that prompted the new head of that commission, Peter Adriaenssens, a child psychiatrist, to renounce his position along with other members, complaining that the commission had been used by authorities as “bait.” '
Showing posts with label victims. Show all posts
Showing posts with label victims. Show all posts
Calling All NYC Area Patriots: Please Attend Rally on 12/5 To Stop Terror Trials in NYC
Calling all Patriots who live in the NYC area: Please attend this event to let Eric Holder know how unconscionable his decision is to have terror trials in NYC really is. This will increase the threat to every American. STOP THIS TRAVESTY NOW!!!
*** RAIN OR SHINE *** NOON SATURDAY DECEMBER 5 RALLY
IN FOLEY SQUARE:
STOP THE TERROR TRIAL IN NYC!
NEW YORKERS TO ATTORNEY GENERAL HOLDER:
“WE WILL FIGHT YOU ALL THE WAY!”
What: December 5th rally protesting the NYC based trial of 9/11 conspirators
Where: FOLEY SQUARE, MANHATTAN
When: Saturday, December 5th, 2009 12:00 noon
Who:
The 9/11 Never Forget Coalition, a diverse group of 9/11 victims, family members, first responders, active and reserve members of the military, veterans, and concerned Americans, is holding December 5th rally protesting the plan to bring the 9/11 terrorist conspirators to trial in New York City.
The Coalition formed to fight the decision of President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder to try the 9/11 co-conspirators in New York City’s federal court, effectively giving war criminals the same rights as American citizens while endangering the safety of all New Yorkers.
Two weeks ago, we sent a letter signed by 300 family members of 9/11 victims to the President, Attorney General and Defense Secretary Robert Gates asking them to reverse course. The letter has now been signed by over 120,000 Americans: Read it here and co-sign it here.
Debra Burlingame, founder of 911 Families for a Safe and Strong America, said “Our rally on Saturday, December 5 will tell Attorney General Eric Holder, President Barack Obama and their supporters in Congress: We will fight you all the way! ”
Failure to contact NYC Police Commissioner Shows AG Eric Holder trial decision put politics over security
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Bill Zeiser at bill.zeiser@gmail.com or (516) 448-5489
Website: www.911neverforget.us
Coalition expresses shock at breaking reports that NYC Mayor Bloomberg and NYPD Commissioner Kelly were not consulted prior to Holder’s 9/11 trial announcement
New York, December 2, 2009 — According to breaking news reports, New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly has stated that city officials were not consulted prior to announcing a decision to bring the 9/11 terrorist conspirators to trial in a New York City civilian court.
Commissioner Kelly was asked whether U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder consulted with the NYPD in advance about security concerns surrounding the possibility of holding the terror trial in New York. Kelly responded: “The fact is we weren’t asked. And we will make the best of a situation. We weren’t.”
A spokesperson for New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has asserted that the Mayor was informed of the decision only on the very morning Attorney General Holder made his announcement.
“There was no consultation, no consultation with the police department. That decision was made. We were informed,” Commissioner Kelly added on Tuesday.
Debra Burlingame, co-founder of 9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America, who is organizing a massive rally this Saturday, December 5th, at Foley Square, stated today, “This shocking revelation makes it crystal clear that the Attorney General’s decision to bring Khalid Shaikh Mohammed to New York City was pre-ordained, and he wasn’t about to ask for input that would have resulted in his having to defend the indefensible.”
According to the New York Daily News, New York City spends $300 million per year for ordinary counterterrorism operations. “The Attorney General told 9/11 families that bringing these monsters to NYC is a ‘trust me situation,’ ” said Burlingame. “The American people should not trust the judgment or competence of the nation’s chief law enforcement officer who revealed that he consulted his wife over the decision but not the government officials who are entrusted with our safety and security and who will have to deal with the consequences of that decision.”
On Saturday at noon, thousands will rally at Foley Square at the federal courthouse where the trial, if the decision is not reversed, will take place. Two weeks ago, the 9/11 Never Forget Coalition sent a letter signed by 300 family members of 9/11 victims to the President, Attorney General and Defense Secretary Robert Gates asking them to reverse course. The letter has now been signed by over 135,000 Americans and is posted at 911familiesforamerica.org
NYPD Commish: Nobody Asked Us About Hosting the 9/11 Trials
“The trial here will do nothing to diminish that threat level,” Kelly said
By JONATHAN DIENST
H/T goes to 911Neverforgetus
*** RAIN OR SHINE *** NOON SATURDAY DECEMBER 5 RALLY
IN FOLEY SQUARE:
STOP THE TERROR TRIAL IN NYC!
NEW YORKERS TO ATTORNEY GENERAL HOLDER:
“WE WILL FIGHT YOU ALL THE WAY!”
What: December 5th rally protesting the NYC based trial of 9/11 conspirators
Where: FOLEY SQUARE, MANHATTAN
When: Saturday, December 5th, 2009 12:00 noon
Who:
The 9/11 Never Forget Coalition, a diverse group of 9/11 victims, family members, first responders, active and reserve members of the military, veterans, and concerned Americans, is holding December 5th rally protesting the plan to bring the 9/11 terrorist conspirators to trial in New York City.
The Coalition formed to fight the decision of President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder to try the 9/11 co-conspirators in New York City’s federal court, effectively giving war criminals the same rights as American citizens while endangering the safety of all New Yorkers.
Two weeks ago, we sent a letter signed by 300 family members of 9/11 victims to the President, Attorney General and Defense Secretary Robert Gates asking them to reverse course. The letter has now been signed by over 120,000 Americans: Read it here and co-sign it here.
Debra Burlingame, founder of 911 Families for a Safe and Strong America, said “Our rally on Saturday, December 5 will tell Attorney General Eric Holder, President Barack Obama and their supporters in Congress: We will fight you all the way! ”
Failure to contact NYC Police Commissioner Shows AG Eric Holder trial decision put politics over security
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Bill Zeiser at bill.zeiser@gmail.com or (516) 448-5489
Website: www.911neverforget.us
Coalition expresses shock at breaking reports that NYC Mayor Bloomberg and NYPD Commissioner Kelly were not consulted prior to Holder’s 9/11 trial announcement
New York, December 2, 2009 — According to breaking news reports, New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly has stated that city officials were not consulted prior to announcing a decision to bring the 9/11 terrorist conspirators to trial in a New York City civilian court.
Commissioner Kelly was asked whether U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder consulted with the NYPD in advance about security concerns surrounding the possibility of holding the terror trial in New York. Kelly responded: “The fact is we weren’t asked. And we will make the best of a situation. We weren’t.”
A spokesperson for New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has asserted that the Mayor was informed of the decision only on the very morning Attorney General Holder made his announcement.
“There was no consultation, no consultation with the police department. That decision was made. We were informed,” Commissioner Kelly added on Tuesday.
Debra Burlingame, co-founder of 9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America, who is organizing a massive rally this Saturday, December 5th, at Foley Square, stated today, “This shocking revelation makes it crystal clear that the Attorney General’s decision to bring Khalid Shaikh Mohammed to New York City was pre-ordained, and he wasn’t about to ask for input that would have resulted in his having to defend the indefensible.”
According to the New York Daily News, New York City spends $300 million per year for ordinary counterterrorism operations. “The Attorney General told 9/11 families that bringing these monsters to NYC is a ‘trust me situation,’ ” said Burlingame. “The American people should not trust the judgment or competence of the nation’s chief law enforcement officer who revealed that he consulted his wife over the decision but not the government officials who are entrusted with our safety and security and who will have to deal with the consequences of that decision.”
On Saturday at noon, thousands will rally at Foley Square at the federal courthouse where the trial, if the decision is not reversed, will take place. Two weeks ago, the 9/11 Never Forget Coalition sent a letter signed by 300 family members of 9/11 victims to the President, Attorney General and Defense Secretary Robert Gates asking them to reverse course. The letter has now been signed by over 135,000 Americans and is posted at 911familiesforamerica.org
NYPD Commish: Nobody Asked Us About Hosting the 9/11 Trials
“The trial here will do nothing to diminish that threat level,” Kelly said
By JONATHAN DIENST
H/T goes to 911Neverforgetus
Remembering 9/11
Tomorrow I am heading to Washington D.C. for the 9/12 March. I will be absent for a few days and look forward to being back and blogging with you on Monday.
September 11, 2001 is a day that will be ingrained in my mind forever. We must honor the FALLEN who died on this tragic day. We must never let the enemy slide through the cracks as they did that day. We must continue defending the nation against the terrorists. Evil came to us on that fateful day and we must continue to battle against this evil. As Americans we all came together on Sept. 11. WE MUST NEVER FORGET SEPTEMBER 11, 2001!!
September 11, 2001 is a day that will be ingrained in my mind forever. We must honor the FALLEN who died on this tragic day. We must never let the enemy slide through the cracks as they did that day. We must continue defending the nation against the terrorists. Evil came to us on that fateful day and we must continue to battle against this evil. As Americans we all came together on Sept. 11. WE MUST NEVER FORGET SEPTEMBER 11, 2001!!
Labels:
9/11,
fallen,
honor,
NYC,
September 11,
tribute,
victims,
Washington D.C.,
WTC
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)