Showing posts with label NYC. Show all posts
Showing posts with label NYC. Show all posts

Remembering 9/11







I can remember September 11, 2001, almost like it was yesterday. I remember that I was driving in my car from Pittsburgh to Steubenville since I was taking classes at Franciscan University, and what I heard on the radio while driving seemed like fiction to me. I really wasn’t sure whether what I had heard on the radio was real or not. Then, I heard a verification that the United States of America was under a terrorist attack. I was in this state of shock and disbelief asking how can this be happening? I was scared! Shortly after I entered onto campus I found my honey, Kevin and we hugged. Kevin was so worried because he has some relatives who are NYC firefighters and police officers. We said a prayer for their and everyone’s safety. I attended my Theology class where we prayed for the people who tragically lost their lives on 9/11 and their loved ones who have had to endure their loss.

We must never forget 9/11. And, yet somehow there are people today who have forgotten about 9/11 and believe that day shouldn’t have changed our lives. It did. It will forever. That would be like saying Pearl Harbor shouldn’t have changed our mode of thinking. It did. We entered WWII to defeat our enemy. Our troops are deployed all across the world trying to defeat our enemy much in the same way that we defeated our enemies in WWII. These people who have forgotten about 9/11 need to wake up and stop burying their heads in the sand. The terrorist attacks that happened 9 years ago today were in fact an act of war. Prior to that date America was targeted with terrorist attacks that occurred mostly overseas with the exception of one attack taking place in America in 1993-- the World Trade Center bombing. Those were treated as if they were mere matters of law enforcement when in fact they were attacks on our nation - acts of war. God rest all those souls who died that tragic day. God Bless our troops who are serving overseas. God Bless the USA!

Here are some videos remembering that tragic day:













GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

Device Found & Detonated in Pittsburgh; NYC Connection?

Another Black Conservative has been kind enough to allow me to repost his wonderful post.

Fox News: PITTSBURGH -- Police say a suspected device near the finish line of the Pittsburgh Marathon prompted them to halt the race briefly while it was rendered harmless.



Police say the device was found in a small microwave oven on the sidewalk after the leaders had finished the course Sunday morning. Police Lt. Kevin Kraus says several blocks were cordoned off near the original finish line for the marathon and half-marathon and police tried to reroute the race but eventually ended up delaying it for 10 to 12 minutes.


The bomb squad used a robot to disable the device, which Kraus says investigators now believe was not an actual explosive.

The all-clear was given shortly before 11 a.m. About 5,000 people took part in the full marathon.



The disruption comes a day after a car-bomb scare in New York emptied Times Square.



Over at KDKA Channel 2, they have video. They are claiming that there was a pipe bomb inside a microwave oven that was placed in a white box at the end of the Marathon route.


From KDKA: One officer at the scene said that the device was a microwave with a pipe bomb inside. The microwave was in a white box near the entrance of the building.


However, Police Chief Nate Harper would only confirm that there were suspicious contents inside the microwave.


The device was detonated and Liberty Avenue and Grant Street had been blocked off.


Police are looking for who left the device at the location, but police are going to review the surveillance video from security cameras in the area.


From the video at KDKA we once again there are stupid people standing around watching. If this is the American public’s reaction to bomb threats, we are in trouble. People: when bombs are found, leave the area in a calm and orderly fashion. Sticking around to see the action live is beyond foolish.




UPDATE: A Possible Pennsylvania connection?




ABC stated: "I was just watching the mayor's press conference on the Times Square car bomb and noticed this line. Listen to what NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg says about the fireworks found in the Times Square car bomb."

Here is a video
“…it was made up of consumer grade fireworks that you can buy in Pennsylvania and drive into New York …”
 
This is just way too close to home for me.  This is some scary stuff.  This crap needs to be clamped down on, stopped, and quick. 
 
 
NYPD Wants to Know: Have You Seen this Man? (video link below)
 
  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2010/may/03/usa-terrorism-times-square-al-qaeda

H/T Another Black Consrvative
 
 

Foley Square Protest Against KSM NYC Civilian Trial


Here is some video of the Foley Square protest against the KSM trial in NYC.  The first speaker is Debra Burlingame, who is the sister of Charles Burlingame III the pilot of the hijacked flight 77 that was deliberately crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11.  Rep. Peter King of NY also spoke at the protest in NYC.

Please check out MAINFO's video and Urban Infidel's pictures of the protest.

Calling All NYC Area Patriots: Please Attend Rally on 12/5 To Stop Terror Trials in NYC

Calling all Patriots who live in the NYC area: Please attend this event to let Eric Holder know how unconscionable his decision is to have terror trials in NYC really is. This will increase the threat to every American.  STOP THIS TRAVESTY NOW!!!

*** RAIN OR SHINE *** NOON SATURDAY DECEMBER 5 RALLY



IN FOLEY SQUARE:


STOP THE TERROR TRIAL IN NYC!


NEW YORKERS TO ATTORNEY GENERAL HOLDER:


“WE WILL FIGHT YOU ALL THE WAY!”


What: December 5th rally protesting the NYC based trial of 9/11 conspirators


Where: FOLEY SQUARE, MANHATTAN


When: Saturday, December 5th, 2009 ­ 12:00 noon


Who:

The 9/11 Never Forget Coalition, a diverse group of 9/11 victims, family members, first responders, active and reserve members of the military, veterans, and concerned Americans, is holding December 5th rally protesting the plan to bring the 9/11 terrorist conspirators to trial in New York City.


The Coalition formed to fight the decision of President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder to try the 9/11 co-conspirators in New York City’s federal court, effectively giving war criminals the same rights as American citizens while endangering the safety of all New Yorkers.

Two weeks ago, we sent a letter signed by 300 family members of 9/11 victims to the President, Attorney General and Defense Secretary Robert Gates asking them to reverse course. The letter has now been signed by over 120,000 Americans: Read it here and co-sign it here.
Debra Burlingame, founder of 911 Families for a Safe and Strong America, said “Our rally on Saturday, December 5 will tell Attorney General Eric Holder, President Barack Obama and their supporters in Congress: We will fight you all the way! ”

Failure to contact NYC Police Commissioner Shows AG Eric Holder trial decision put politics over security

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE



Contact: Bill Zeiser at bill.zeiser@gmail.com or (516) 448-5489


Website: www.911neverforget.us

Coalition expresses shock at breaking reports that NYC Mayor Bloomberg and NYPD Commissioner Kelly were not consulted prior to Holder’s 9/11 trial announcement
New York, December 2, 2009 — According to breaking news reports, New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly has stated that city officials were not consulted prior to announcing a decision to bring the 9/11 terrorist conspirators to trial in a New York City civilian court.
Commissioner Kelly was asked whether U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder consulted with the NYPD in advance about security concerns surrounding the possibility of holding the terror trial in New York. Kelly responded: “The fact is we weren’t asked. And we will make the best of a situation. We weren’t.”
A spokesperson for New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has asserted that the Mayor was informed of the decision only on the very morning Attorney General Holder made his announcement.
“There was no consultation, no consultation with the police department. That decision was made. We were informed,” Commissioner Kelly added on Tuesday.
Debra Burlingame, co-founder of 9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America, who is organizing a massive rally this Saturday, December 5th, at Foley Square, stated today, “This shocking revelation makes it crystal clear that the Attorney General’s decision to bring Khalid Shaikh Mohammed to New York City was pre-ordained, and he wasn’t about to ask for input that would have resulted in his having to defend the indefensible.”
According to the New York Daily News, New York City spends $300 million per year for ordinary counterterrorism operations. “The Attorney General told 9/11 families that bringing these monsters to NYC is a ‘trust me situation,’ ” said Burlingame. “The American people should not trust the judgment or competence of the nation’s chief law enforcement officer who revealed that he consulted his wife over the decision but not the government officials who are entrusted with our safety and security and who will have to deal with the consequences of that decision.”
On Saturday at noon, thousands will rally at Foley Square at the federal courthouse where the trial, if the decision is not reversed, will take place. Two weeks ago, the 9/11 Never Forget Coalition sent a letter signed by 300 family members of 9/11 victims to the President, Attorney General and Defense Secretary Robert Gates asking them to reverse course. The letter has now been signed by over 135,000 Americans and is posted at 911familiesforamerica.org


NYPD Commish: Nobody Asked Us About Hosting the 9/11 Trials

“The trial here will do nothing to diminish that threat level,” Kelly said

By JONATHAN DIENST

H/T goes to 911Neverforgetus

Remembering 9/11

Tomorrow I am heading to Washington D.C. for the 9/12 March. I will be absent for a few days and look forward to being back and blogging with you on Monday.
September 11, 2001 is a day that will be ingrained in my mind forever. We must honor the FALLEN who died on this tragic day. We must never let the enemy slide through the cracks as they did that day. We must continue defending the nation against the terrorists. Evil came to us on that fateful day and we must continue to battle against this evil. As Americans we all came together on Sept. 11. WE MUST NEVER FORGET SEPTEMBER 11, 2001!!






Honoring George S. Rice, My Father-in-Law, On Independence Day


A Very Special Fallen Hero



After seeing the memorable picture of the fire fighters raising the flag after 9/11, I decided to dedicate Independence Day to a very special Fallen Hero, my Father-in-Law, George S. Rice. I never knew my father-in-law since he died when my husband, Kevin was only 8 years old. I consider George Rice one of the bravest men ever, to sacrifice his life in the line of duty in order to protect others'. I am proud of both him and my husband. My husband had to endure the loss of his father at eight years old. I can't imagine what he and his family went through on that day and in the days ahead. I believe that it is one of the most selfless acts ever, to give one's own life in the line of duty.

On August 2nd, 1978 George Rice and several other firefighters responded to a fire at the Waldbaum's Grocery Store, in a section of Brooklyn called Sheepshead Bay. Three engine Companies, and two ladder companies, along with the 33 Battalion were dispatched to the scene. The Waldbaum's was under major renovations at the time. The workers pointed out where the fire apparently started. Due to the renovations the fire quickly spread to the roof. As the fire worsened the 33rd battalion sent out a second alarm. As Units were operating on the roof area the fire worsened, and the fire was now shown through two roof areas. The roof ended up collapsing. The Brave Fallen Firefighters were found amidst the rubble of what used to be the Waldbaum's store. There were five other firefighters who died alongside George Rice. On the 20th Anniversary of the six firefighters deaths the corner where the Waldbaum's Store used to stand, was now to be called Fireman's Corner in honor of the six firefighters who gave their lives on August 2, 1978. God Bless to a very special hero, George Rice.


As we remember all of our brave men and women on Independence day, the birthday of our nation, I am proud to honor especially today George Rice. From the stories I have heard, he was a great father to my husband. It is unfortunate that his life was taken so soon, but I believe that both Kevin and I have a very special angel in heaven watching over us today. Even though, I never had the opportunity to meet him I feel that I have a special connection with him.



God Bless America!!
God Bless Our Fallen!!


God Bless Our Troops!!


God Bless My Hero George Rice!!



Do Not Allow Obama To Serve a 3rd Term-Stop Resolution 5 From Being Passed

Some information has just been brought to my attention regarding a piece of congressional legislation. The House of Representatives has proposed a resolution called House Joint Resolution 5 that would repeal the 22nd Amendment which limits the President to two terms. This would allow President Obama to run for a third term. I don't think any President, neither Good nor Bad should be allowed to serve more than two terms. I believe that if this amendment is passed it would open the door to a wide variety of abuses by both our President and our government. The passing of this bill could open the door to even more government control. This could even open the door for the United States to no longer be a democratic country. The U.S could be ruled by a dictatorship instead of having free and open elections.

Rep. Jose Serrano of NYC is the person who introduced this House Joint Resolution 5. Here is his contact information in order to petition him to stop this resolution from moving forward.

Official website:

http://www.house.gov/serrano/


2227 Rayburn House Office Building

Washington, DC 20515

Phone: 202-225-4361
Fax: 202-225-6001

Contact José Serrano via web

PLEASE HELP STOP HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION 5 FROM BEING PASSED!!!!!

 
Best viewed on Chrome, Firefox, Opera & Safari browsers with resolutions 1360 x 768.

Copyright © . Regina Antonio™. Powered by Blogger™. All Right Reserved.